Transportation services are provided free of charge to all Couchiching residents living on the First Nation who do not have access to a vehicle.
Transportation days are the 1st and 15th of every month between the hours of 9:00 am and 3pm.
Contact the Recreation Department or click the link below for more details.
Click here view details.
Latchkey Program: By keeping our youth physically active, healthy and building their skills, we invest in our future.
Our Sr. Latchkey Program provides after school programming for children ages 7-12. The program operates Monday to Friday from 3:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. throughout the school year, with regular closures during Band Holidays and School PD Days.
Click here for the 2015-2016 Latchkey Calendar.
- Provide a safe, nurturing environment in which the children can learn and grow
- Provide youth and parents with the opportunity to learn about their culture
- Develop and implement recreational activities that are culturally appropriate and that promote the mental, emotional, spiritual and physical well-being of the children and parents
- Provide training, programming and resources to new parents that promote healthy choices as well as the mental, emotional, spiritual and physical well-being of the children and parents
- Strengthen and build upon the child’s and parent’s existing abilities
- Encourage and motivate children and parents to try new things and learn new skills
- Help youth and parents develop healthy friendships with others
- Assist learning through fun and interactive physical activities that build self-confidence, leadership, sharing and team work
Each program day youth are provided with a healthy snack and refreshment
Click here for Junior and Senior Latchkey applications for the upcoming year.
Click here to view Recreation Worker Job Description.
Summer Day Camp
Our Summer Day Camp provides programming for youth ages 7-12. Our activities are based on weekly themes like Sports Week, Cultural Week, Safety Week, Science Week, Math Week & Olympics Week. Activities may include swimming trips to the Point Park or the Five Mile Dock, nature and medicine walks, water tubing, horse riding and field trips.
Click here for Summer Day Camp applications for the upcoming year.
Sports & Leisure Subsidy
Couchiching provides a $ 350.00 sponsorship to it's registered members who are under the age of 18 who wish to participate in a sports or leisure activity.
Click here for Sports & Leisure Policy
Click here for the Sports & Leisure Subsidy Application Form
Men's & Women's Gym are now Co-Ed between the hours of 8:30 am and 9:00 pm daily.
Accessible 24 hours a day 7 days a week with key fob access
Access Key Fobs $ 10.00 each
Member = $ 20.00 Monthly or $ 200.00 Annually
Non Member = $ 30.00 Monthly or $ 300.00 Annually
Member Student = $ 10.00 Monthly or $ 100.00 Annually
Members 55 or older are FREE
Members under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Women's Gym (Back/North Entrance)
Gym equipment includes:
- Stationary Bikes
- Free Weights
- Bow Flex
- Kettle bells
- Boxing equipment
- Universal with leg curls, lat pull, rowing and chest press
Men's Gym (Front/South Entrance)
Gym equipment includes:
Universal circuit training gym set with:
- Triceps lift
- Bench press
- Lat pull down
- Pull up/chin up bar
- Cross over machine
- Leg extensions
Free weights, Squat Rack, Calf Raise, Kettle Bells, Dumb Bells, Bench Press
Click here for Gym Waiver
Couchiching Multi-Use Bookings
Click here to view our Rental Policy.
Click here to review Rental Contract.
CFN Sportsfeild & Parks Policy
Click here to review the CFN Sportsfeild and Parks Policy
Contact your Recreation Leader for rental information.
Office: (807) 274-1223